College of Public Health Seeks Nominees for Hall of Fame "Legends and Leaders" Awards
June 08, 2020
Since its founding, the University of Kentucky College of Public Health has honored living legends of public health as well as posthumous recipients in two separate ceremonies. One ceremony, the CPH Hall of Fame, recognized and inducted community or national leaders who had made an impact to the field of public health at large. In a separate ceremony, the College of Public Health honored outstanding alumni (OAA). Starting in fall 2020, the College of Public Health will have a single recognition program to honor both legends of public health and leading alumni in the field.
1. College of Public Health Legend: This award is bestowed upon an individual who has achieved sustained success in their field and made an outstanding contribution toward the goal of health improvement for the state of Kentucky. The recipient does not have to be an alum from the College of Public Health or the University of Kentucky. One (1) of these will be awarded each award cycle.
2. College of Public Health Leader: These awards are bestowed to College of Public Health* alumni whose professional successes and dedicated service have contributed to the goal of health improvement in their communities. There are two awards for the College of Public Health Leader category. There will be one (1) recipient per award per award cycle.
Promising Alumni Leader Award: This award is bestowed upon an individual who graduated from the College of Public Health within the last 5 years** and has laid the foundation for a promising career in public health.
Distinguished Alumni Leader Award: This award is bestowed upon an individual who graduated from the College of Public Health more than 5 years ago** and has demonstrated perseverance and excellence in their career in public health.
*Reflects all academic programs and disciplines currently housed within the broader umbrella of the University of Kentucky College of Public Health. For a full list go to www.cph.uky.edu
** Refers to year in which last degree from the College of Public Health was obtained.
Nominations can be made by any person and must be submitted via this nomination form. Nominations will be scored based on the following areas:
1. Professional and/or academic achievements: Please describe ways in which the nominee has went above and beyond standard academic or professional expectations. Examples may include a curriculum vitae, resume, or other supporting documents.
2. Service to the profession: Please describe areas in which the nominee has given back to the profession or study of public health. Examples may include: mentorship or practicum opportunities provided to students, participation in alumni or CPH governing boards, etc.
3. Attention to the field: Please describe areas in which the nominee has brought leadership or new information to the field. Examples may include: research, publications, legislative activity, membership and/or leadership in local, state, or national organizations.
4. Peer Support: Please include statements of support from peers and colleagues providing greater detail on why the nominee is deserving of the award. No more than two (2) letters of support should be included in a single nomination.
Nominations will be accepted until Friday, September 11, 2020.
For questions please contact Jillian.Faith@uky.edu, Senior Alumni Coordinator for the College of Public Health.