PhD EPB PhD in Epidemiology and Biostatistics Admissions
The Ph.D. degree is designed to prepare independent researchers for careers in population health data science. This unique interdisciplinary program offers coursework and experiential training in the application of methodological theory and concepts to address the practical challenges of conducting population-based, clinical, and translational research.
The minimum GPA and TOEFL/IELTS admissions requirements for the Ph.D. in Epidemiology and Biostatistics program are the same as for the Graduate School. However, the number of admissions is limited, and admissions decisions are made on a competitive basis. All applicants must have successfully completed two semesters of calculus and must have a master’s degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field.
- SOPHAS (www.sophas.org) application submitted by February 1st, 2024
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Three letters of recommendation - at least one from a faculty member who taught or supervised the applicant
- Professional CV/Resume
- Personal Statement
- Publication, Research Project, or other Scientific project
- Prerequisite courses Calculus I and Calculus II (Domestic applicants who have completed a single semester of Calculus may be eligible to enroll in a Calculus course in the Summer semester prior to beginning the program in the Fall in order to satisfy this requirement)
- International transcripts (International Students ONLY - must be evaluated by WES)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score for international students
Students who are admitted to the Ph.D. program will be required to complete a secondary UK Graduate School application to accept admission to the program.