We Are Committed to:
- Quality Academic Programs. This is evident by our accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) and Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME), as well as membership in the Association of Schools & Programs of Public Health (ASPPH), to offer a suite of bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level programs.
- Successful Students. We strive to build an environment (and community) where students feel connected, challenged, and appreciated.
- Engaging Faculty and Staff. We encourage, support, and invest in our faculty and staff to solve the important public health problems that plague our state, the region, and the nation.
- Diversity of Thought. We are committed to a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion among our entire community.
- Practice Community. This is evident with some of our collaborations which include the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institutes of Health, Kentucky Department for Public Health, Lexington-Fayette County Health Department, Kentucky Public Health Association, and the Kentucky Health Department Association.
- Science and Research. Our faculty engage in a robust portfolio of research activities and guide millions of dollars annually in collaborative projects, with funding sources ranging from NIH and CDC, to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. This extramural funding provides numerous opportunities for students to participate in ground-breaking research.
These guiding principles have helped us make significant progress and investments into our academic portfolio, meaningful research and service goals. Our vision is to be the catalyst and leader of positive change for population health. Our mission is to develop health champions, conduct multidisciplinary and applied research, and collaborate with partners to improve health in Kentucky and beyond.