MHA Master of Health Administration Careers & Alumni
The MHA program has more than 450 alumni working in healthcare organizations in Kentucky in more than 35 states and abroad. A strong commitment to academic-practitioner partnership characterizes the UK MHA program.
Through project-based assignments, part-time assistantships, summer internships, and interaction with executives who provide guest lectures and professional guidance, MHA students are connected with alumni and friends in many local and regional health-related organizations.
Our graduates are prepared to address the everyday challenges facing healthcare systems and pursue prominent leadership positions to transform experiences for patients, their families, organizations, and communities. Their servant leadership focus puts them in a place to change the way we deliver, build equity in access, and innovate healthcare. Our alums provide support to our current students serving as mentors, content experts, and becoming program ambassadors.
"I solely credit the MHA program at the University of Kentucky for helping launch my career in the healthcare field. The fast-paced two year program provided ample opportunities for networking, career development and internships, while remaining flexible to support students with full-time jobs. I felt challenged, supported and encouraged throughout my time at Kentucky from faculty, alumni, mentors and fellow classmates. My experience at UK was outstanding and has afforded me the opportunity to work at one of the top academic medical centers in the country. I would encourage any prospective students who aspire to a leadership role in the healthcare industry to seriously consider University of Kentucky's MHA program."
Executive Seminar Series
The Executive Seminar Series, an exclusive event, allows MHA students the opportunity to interact with national healthcare leaders in a small group setting. Students gain access to insights on current healthcare trends and challenges with each session followed by a small group, round table session with the speaker. Access to national healthcare leaders provide opportunities for students to apply the concepts in the course to current healthcare issues. Some recent speakers have included:
- Dr. Yousuf Ahmad, President and CEO, AssureCare
- Dr. Eli Capilouto, President, University of Kentucky
- Toby Freier, President, New Ulm Medical Center
- Robert J. Henkel, President, Healthcare Transformation
- Ron Holder, COO, MGMA
- John King, a past Chairman of the American Hospital Association Board of Trustees
- Dr. David Lawrence, retired CEO and Chairman of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan and Hospitals
- Colleen Lindholz, President, Kroger Health
- Jonathan S. Nalli, CEO, St. Vincent
- Dr. Mark Newman, Executive Vice President for Health Affairs, University of Kentucky
- Nancy M. Schlichting, retired CEO, Henry Ford Health System;
- James Skogsbergh, President and CEO, Advocate Aurora Health
- Phyllis Wingate, Division President, Carolinas HealthCare System
Lunch with a Leader
In our Lunch with a Leader, alumni and partners of the program join students for a meet-and greet over a meal. This more informal atmosphere facilitates student access to leaders in the industry to ask questions about career planning, internships, fellowships, lessons learned, and anything else on their mind. These sessions build their network and offer them opportunities for continued mentoring from industry experts.