OSW Office of Scientific Writing IRB Resources for Researchers
A curated list of web sites and other materials useful for scientific writers.
Resources for Researchers
- University of Kentucky E-IRB Platform
- Frequently Asked Questions (IRB, Responsible Conduct of Research, Research Misc…
- University of Kentucky Not Human Research (NHR) Determination Form
- If you are wondering whether your project constitutes human research and is therefore subject to review by UK's IRB.
- Single IRB Reliance
- Submit a reliance request, access authorizations agreement, policies and guidance.
- IRB Survival Handbook
- A searchable index of terms and procedures.
- Sample Applications and Protocol Development Resources
- Examples of IRB submission Research Descriptions and Pertinent forms.
- Responsible Conduct of Research and Scholarly Activity (RCR)
- The mandatory RCR training applies to all full-time faculty, staff, graduate students or trainees.
- Human Subjects Protection Training
- The University of Kentucky's Human Subject Protection (HSP) training requirement.
- LabArchives® Electronic Research Notebook
- (UK) supports a LabArchives® Electronic Research Notebook (ERN) institutional license for the UK research community.
- Research Misconduct
- Educational materials and lectures to assist in educating faculty, staff, and students in the area of ethical research conduct.
If you’ve discovered other excellent resources for scientific writers, please let us know CPH_ScientificWriting@uky.edu.