Welcome to the College of Public Health Staff Council page! We hope you will learn about us, provide us with feedback about your experiences at UK, and even join us.
The CPH Staff Council represents the needs and interests of the College of Public Health staff while supporting the mission of the College of Public Health in the provision of public health education, research, and service. This means that we advocate for staff needs, support CPH initiatives and provide information about them to staff, link staff to University resources, and provide opportunities for staff professional development and connection to their colleagues.
Events & Activities
Over the years, the CPH Staff Council has initiated and supported many activities focused on staff.
Ongoing and Recurring Events
- Coordinating the Summer Assembly with the Faculty Council and supporting Staff Awards.
- Coordinating the Winter Assembly with Faculty Council.
- Facilitating a quarterly book group discussion on a public health-themed book.
- Launched “Secret Encourager”: similar to a “Secret Santa” except you draw a name and provide encouragement and inspiration to that person throughout the semester.
- Sponsored activities during staff appreciation week (e.g., free ice cream to staff).
- Coordinated a food drive jointly with the student association for Big Blue Pantry.
- Held a Halloween movie watching and costume contest event.
- Promoted volunteer opportunities for staff (e.g., making lunches for a nonprofit in the Lexington area).
What You Can Do
Check out our events calendar for upcoming CPH Staff Council events and participate!
Give us your feedback! Have any suggestions about how to enhance the staff work experience in CPH? Have questions or need information about available resources? Have ideas about professional and fun activities for staff? Contact us.
Attend one of our meetings! Our meetings are open to the public, and attendance is encouraged with advance notice. Contact the Communications Officer for more information and to be added to the meeting invite.
Join us! A new CPH Staff Council session begins each July 1st, and recruitment for any open positions starts in the months before. If you would like to contribute your efforts and voice to this work, contact us and we will let you know when open positions are available.